Thursday 2 October 2008

Pain in the neck

Today I need to talk to you about the whole man doctor thing.

Suffice to say I am pretty bad at the whole responsible adult thing. Problem is I don't have a huge amount of responsibility in life and get distracted pretty much at or by the drop of a hat. To me the fun stuff seems slightly more important than most of the sensible stuff.

Anyway after what probably is far too long of putting up with headaches, bad nights sleep and general grumpiness I went to see the doctor about my neck. Everything was going fine until he asked me how long I'd had it for. That was when all of a sudden my "fun filled don't worry about the sensible stuff plan" didn't seem that clever.

I felt like a naughty school kid sat on a chair in the headmaster's office. Worse still was the follow up question - why exactly I hadn't come in earlier? And do you know what - I couldn't actually answer it.

Just did my best smile and shrugged. Did the whole comedy Wallace and Grommit I've-just-been-asked-a-tricky-question-that-I-can't-answer face.

Now it's not like my head is about to fall off or anything serious but it was a little bit of a wake up call. Have made a mental note to self to sort things out when they happen and not just keeping putting stuff off because it's easier to do nothing.

Apart from the washing up.

So here's the joke ...

Mummy mouse was getting food in the kitchen with her baby when the cat pounced in.

Snatching up the child mum ran for the mouse hole but it was obvious she wasn't going to make it.

Finally in desperation she whipped around and shouted "Bark, Bark" at the cat.

The cat skidded to a halt and ran away. Mummy mouse turned to her baby and said,

"Now do you see the benefits of learning a foreign language?"

======================
MENTAL MATHS and this one caused a few problems today.

YOUR STARTING NUMBER TODAY IS ... 9


times 4
give me a third of that
times a half
times it's self
give me 2 sixths of that
take off 5
times 9
add the digits together ....

AND THAT'S YOUR FINAL NUMBER ... 9

No comments: