Thursday 4 September 2008

Wonky axle and the DVD

Granted it does sound like the latest Indie Band all the kids are listening to but in reality it is just an accurate description of last night's activities.

As you may have worked out I haven't quite cracked the whole wobbly wheel problem on the bike (I may have to put on hold my application form to be part of Lance Armstrong's pit crew) but it did actually get me home. Granted I felt a bit like Coco the Clown (all I needed was the squirty flower but, despite a mild sense of nausea from it's wonkiness, it got me home.

Back to the workshop today.

I went crazy when shopping last night and bought 3, that's right 3, DVD's. Three quid each it was a case of what haven't I seen. One of the 3 - The Constant Gardener - I watched last night. Cracking film but was left slightly confused at the end. What was the significance of the lake? It began and ended at the lake - any reason? And how did they know he'd be at the lake at the end?

Answers on a postcard please.

So here's the joke ...

A married couple were asleep when the phone rang at 2am in the morning. The wife picks up the phone listens a moment and says, "How should I know, that's 200 miles from here!"

She hangs up.

"Who was that?" says the husband.

The wife says, "I don't know. It was a woman. She wanted to know if the coast was clear."

============================
Mental Maths time and sorry about the slight hiccup with the text system today. It's all been fixed but it was a bit of a let off for some of you as it was quite a brain fryer.

YOUR STARTING NUMBER TODAY IS ... 7

add 27
take away 17
minus 7
add 27
take away 8
add on 18
take away 8
add 27

AND THAT'S YOUR FINAL ANSWER ... 66

No comments: