Tuesday 7 October 2008

In the dark

OK so as you know by now Monday night is football night.

Another distinctly average performance which resulted in a solitary goal and not much running around. So I get home thinking I need to make little more of an effort on the pitch ie actually run around more than the absolute bare minimum (although to be fair I am 37).

Anyway I get home and out of nowhere the thought comes "Why don't you go for a run?"

It's half past ten at night, it's pitch black, I am wearing mainly black (no I'm not the ref) and my brain is trying to get my body out for a run!?!?! Am worried this may be a flash of mid life crisis but unbelievably my body went with my brain and off I went.

To be fair I did quite enjoy it but, and this may surprise you, I appeared to be the only runner pounding the streets at 11pm. There are pro's and con's to the late night run. A plus is the lack of traffic at junctions which means less stopping and starting. A minus are the people post pub who tend to weave on the pavements making judging a (low speed) pass quite tricky.

Oh as for the wearing black in the dark whilst running that is a particularly foolish thing to do.

Apologies to the cyclist whom I seemed to take entirely by surprise.

So here's the joke ...

A salesman was driving his car and his boss rang up, and said 'You've been promoted.' He swerved.

And then he rang up a second time and said "You've been promoted again." He swerved again.

He rang up a third time and said 'You're a managing director." And the man crashed as he swerved into a tree.

The policeman came up and said 'What happened to you?' And he said "I careered off the road."

======================
No mental maths today due to footy coverage. Back tomorrow maths fans.

No comments: