Wednesday 9 July 2008

I'm bored/board .....

... of losing at stupid board games.

Last night was not a good night for me. Went round to Producer Al's for dinner and somewhat inevitably it was suggested the old board games should be dusted down and given a whirl. Now I'm not complaining but surely the guests should be allowed to choose which game is played? As a result I found myself playing an updated version of snakes and ladders involving space rockets and exploding supernovas (apparently it's what Al's kids are into), a small child's Lego building game and that 1970's classic - Perfection.

Red wine has a lot to answer for.

It started badly. Really badly. My cardboard space ship was quickly sucked into a black hole never to be seen again. Never mind I thought - I'm pretty good at Lego. However it soon becomes apparent I'm not good at throwing dice, collecting cards and playing Lego. This game is for kids ages 3 and up - I'm 37.

As for Perfection - it was anything but and the rest of the evening was spent scrabbling about trying to find the plastic shapes that had been ejected from the 1970's classic because I was too slow.

Rubbish.

Give me Operation anytime.

So here's the joke ...

Two Eskimos were paddling their kayak along the Alaskan coast. The temperatures were so freezing that even beneath their layers of clothing the Eskimos started to feel the cold. In a desperate attempt to keep warm they lit a fire - but the wooden kayak went up in flames and the Eskimos were never seen again ....

The moral of the story is you can't have your kayak and heat it.

No comments: