Monday 7 July 2008

Silly boys

No - not the Stag do ... this was the night before.

There I was walking back to the car after work. Time wise it's around about 10.30pm. Four teenagers are walking towards me - I'm guessing 14ish years old. Three walk past without a problem - the fourth purposely bangs his shoulder into me (I'm guessing he meant to go shoulder to shoulder however he was too short).

Anyway he starts mouthing off asking why I bumped into him. I smile, mainly in sympathy for his parents, and walk on back to the car at which point his little friend comes and gets him, turns him around and encourages him to carry on walking with them.

Now silly boy wasn't to know that I have never been in a fight in my life and if push came to shove I would more than like be the one being both pushed and shoved. But it just got me thinking that if silly boy had done that to someone else, someone who perhaps had been in fights and someone who might be slightly more highly strung with something more to prove than me his Friday night might not have gone the way he planned.

It's so depressing reading endless headlines of assaults and stabbings - of people making stupid split second decisions that change lives. We've all done silly things and like silly boy on Friday 99 percent of the time nothing happens as a result.

But if you're that 1 percent ....

See you tomorrow.

So here's the joke ...

A police officer made the mistake of arresting a judge who went to a party dressed as a convict.
The episode taught the cop a valuable lesson .... you can't book a judge by his cover.

No comments: