Friday 11 July 2008

The joys of fish finger sandwiches

It's been a bit of a full on week this week but all work wise so nothing hugely interesting to report back sadly. Can't decide whether it's a good or a bad sign but yesterday evening when I got in I promptly passed out on the sofa fast asleep whilst still wearing my coat/jacket.

I didn't wake up until about 9.30pm at which point I stumbled into the kitchen, put my head in the fridge and decided what I really fancied at that moment in time was a toasted fish finger sandwich with mayo and black pepper. Bizarre. I have no idea where that thought came from but I went with it and promptly loaded 6 fish fingers onto the grill and armed the toaster with a couple of rounds of bread.

Once that was on the go it was then a case of which beverage best accompanies the mighty fish finger sandwich ... traditionally tea - but that gives it too much of a breakfast feel for half past nine at night. Wine perhaps was too sophisticated and I was clean out of beer.

And so it was at 9.43pm on Thursday night I found myself sipping organic cider in between mouthfuls of a slightly over toasted fish finger sandwich.

I may have discovered a taste sensation.

You read it here first ....

So here are the jokes (sorry I missed yesterday's)

Harry wants to get married but can't find a girl his mother approves of. To solve this dilemma a friend suggests that he looks for a girl just like his mother, so he does. He finds a woman who looks like her, dresses like her, and talks like her. Then he takes her home to meet his parents.

"How did it go?" asks the friend.

"Awful," say Harry. "My dad can't stand the woman."

And .......

Two herrings , Cain and Abel, were regular visitors to a bar. One day, Cain showed up alone and the bartender asked: "Where's your brother?"

"How should I know?" said Cain. "Am I my brothers kipper?"

No comments: