Friday 15 February 2008

That Friday feeling

Quick updates for you ...

Trounced the girls at tennis (although they'll claim they won the first set - it was all part of the elaborate plan by myself and Loz to throw it in order to keep them interested).

Car is ready. Will be reunited with the Blue Peril at the weekend however may not be able to afford any petrol after I get the bill. Am thinking of getting a horse.

Birthday is in chaos due to lack of personal admin and forward planning - will have to think on feet and hope friends are adaptable.

Have lapsed back into pure profit for my local gym not having been for nearly 4 weeks. May have to check I can remember the combination on my padlock for the locker before I go. It all got very embarrassing last time I locked myself out due to lengthy period of absence and my 36 (still) year old memory.

Need to work out why the bike thinks it's a good idea to randomly change gears as and when it feels like it.

Must get round to painting kitchen ceiling.

Have a great weekend.

So here's the joke ...

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realises he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below.

He lowers the balloon further and shouts down: "Excuse me, can you tell me where I am?" The man below says: "Yes, you're in a hot air balloon, hovering 30 feet above this field."

"You must be an engineer" says the balloonist.

"I am." replies the man. "How did you know."

"Well, " says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but it's no use to anyone."

The man below says "you must be in management."

"I am" replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well, " says the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you're going, but you expect me to be able to help. You're in the same position you were before we met, but now it's my fault."
_ _ _ _ _
Jon Cuthill is a presenter on BBC Radio Solent. You can listen to him every weekday from 9am-12.30pm, or listen again online at his website.

No comments: