Thursday 29 May 2008

And still they come ...

It's day 2 for applications for the Jon Cuthill Show Rounders Team.

Emails are coming in thick and fast from prospective candidates responding to my initial request for anyone who can swing and knows how to handle balls.

Here are some of the responses ....

"Love rounders and think I match that criteria ...(?!?!) - Julie Massiter, drive producer

"Played rounders for Lancashire until I was 17. I am a genius short catcher. Never dropped a catch in my life. Ever. Not a bad bowler and If I get bat on ball watch that puppy fly my friend!" - Talia Slack, breakfast producer.

"I am up for it - I could score if nothing else!!!" - Charlie Crocker, afternoon presenter.

"Yup, but I guarantee that when I am batting I will hit the ball miles, but someone will be standing underneath it and I'll be caught out first ball, and then when we are fielding I will have one catch to make in the entire match and I will drop it." - Ed Sherry, breakfast producer.

"I'm up for it" - Victoria Bartlett, afternoon producer

Now I know a bad workman has a habit of blaming his tools but with the tools I've been given there are only so miracles I can perform.

However ....

We shall be victorious ...
We will win ...
And all of us indeed hope that Charlie does manage to score.
And more to the point gets a run ...

Young Farmers of Hampshire start running now ....

So here's the joke ...

A couple send their everso slightly dim son to a special tutor to help him catch up on his schoolwork.

After a month they ask for a progress report.

'He's getting straight As' says the tutor.

'That's fantastic' say the parents.

'Yes, they're great' says the tutor. 'But his B's are still a bit wonky .....'
_ _ _
Jon Cuthill is a presenter on BBC Radio Solent. You can listen to him every weekday from 9am-12.30pm, or listen again online at his website

No comments: