Wednesday 7 May 2008

Hmmmm

Have decided I want to move house.

I live in part of a beautiful old house and I've been there for about 4 years now but have got itchy feet (fairly sure it's not Athlete's Foot). Granted my timing probably couldn't have been any worse if I'd tried (the much documented credit crunch and all) but I reckon a move could be on the cards this year.

Parking's turning into a bit of a nightmare and if I'm serious about getting the camper I need somewhere to put it.

Also there was a big old scrap near where I live the other night and by the time the third police unit rolled up at 2am and the dogs were unleashed the decision had been made.

The Clash may have asked the question - but I now have the answer.

So have been kind of looking around not very seriously on the off chance a new Cuthill Towers can be found. So far have found a funny round house by the river, half a town house and a roof top abode with far to many steps for after the pub.

Am beginning to realise I may have bought the world's most expensive surfboard on the basis that ...

a) I now want to live nearer the sea
b) I now need a new vehicle to transport it to the sea
c) I now need new place to house the new vehicle needed to transport it to the sea.

Should have bought a skateboard.

So here's the joke ...

A group of chess enthusiasts booked into a hotel and were standing in the reception discussing their recent tournament victories.

After an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to leave.

"But why?" they asked, as they moved off.

"Because," he said....

"I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."
_ _ _ _ _
Jon Cuthill is a presenter on BBC Radio Solent. You can listen to him every weekday from 9am-12.30pm, or listen again online at his website

No comments: