Friday 25 January 2008

Sleeping Trial

Hello,

reporter Matt here. This weekend I will be looking at what happens when you get no sleep.

There are plenty of reasons why people don't get the sleep they need: shift work, babies, lumpy matresses, etc. but over a long period of time not having a good nights sleep can really harm yourphysical and mental health.

I've been told to expect a wide range of symptoms including difficulty concentrating, finding it tough to make decisions and possibly even feeling depressed.

Exciting stuff!

I am quite nervous, to be honest, about the whole thing. I will be fascinated to see if I can do it, and what effects it could have on me. I've burned my fair share of midnight oil, especially through University, but if I do this it will comfortably beat any previous personal records.

Just thinking about it is making me nervous... and sleepy!

Wish me luck,

Matty

No comments: