Thursday 12 June 2008

Handing in the badge

If this was a cop show here's the part when I'm in the office (which invariably has a glass door with backward writing on) with the chief and I'm handing over the gun and the badge.

He'd be saying something along the lines of "You're off the case, Cuthill."

I'd be saying things like "But chief just give me 24 hours ...."

Apparently my blog is about to be debadged. The powers that be have decided it can't be BBC branded anymore. Quite why not no-one seems able to explain but nonetheless it will all change magically at some point. Apparently it's all very complicated but to enable us to do things in the future at this point in time we can't be doing other things now .... I just wisely nodded, stroked my chin with a sense of authority and agreed wholeheartedly.

That's what I get paid for.

Anyway I don't think I've upset anyone and am fairly sure I've still got a job - I say fairly sure on the basis that I keep turning up and security continue to let me in. You can never quite tell.

Elsewhere the surf is still flat as a pancake. It's been like this for a couple of weeks so I guess summer (despite the rain) is well and truly upon us. Itching to try out the new board that's sat sadly in the corner of my bedroom in it's bag eversince I bought it. Every now and again I get it out, have a look at it, put a bit more wax on it and then put it away.

It's turning into the surfing equivalent a sandwich toaster.

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

So here's the joke ....

A man is walking along the beach, finds a bottle and uncorks it. A genie flies out and says, "I will grant you three wishes.

"Great!" says the man. "I know exactly what I want. First, I want a billion pounds in a Swiss bank account."

Poof! The genie hands him a piece of paper with his account information on it.

"Super! Second, I want a brand new red Porsche."

Poof! There's a brand new car with the keys in the ignition.

The man says, "Wonderful! Finally…I want to be irresistible to women!"

Poof! There is a flash of light, and he turns into a bar of chocolate.
_ _ _
Jon Cuthill is a presenter on BBC Radio Solent. You can listen to him every weekday from 9am-12.30pm, or listen again online at his website

No comments: