Friday 27 June 2008

Super Friday

Hurrah!

For a number of reasons.

Firstly well done Spain. Through to the finals of Euro 2008. Can't say I'd normally be that thrilled however when you happen to have a small piece of paper in your grubby mitts for the office Euro 2008 sweep stake that says "Spain" believe you me it gets exciting. Contain yourself but I have already won my pound back AND there's a chance of a tenner with my name on.

And the German's look distinctly wobbly. Yay! (Apologies to any German readers).

Secondly. Nearly home time.

Have spent the day feeling slightly "tired".

Am pretty sure it's a total coincidence but last night was the Big Bar Quiz downstairs and the post quiz debrief was quite lengthy. It would appear I was extremely thirsty last night. Luckily I found plenty to drink.

Unfortunately I forgot to take my contact lenses out post quiz and so am staring at the screen whilst typing on the basis that I can't actually close my eyes. Am fairly sure I heard a crunch last time I blinked. Very funny evening though. Still can't quite believe our Transport Correspondent actually knew Postman Pat's surname!?! Unbelievable.

Anyway looks like surf's up for the weekend and so off for another lesson and may actually take the board with the newly acquired soft rack.

Have decided to never drink again.

It's all go!!!

Have a great weekend.

So here's the joke ...

A man was driving along a country road when he saw a farmer standing in the middle of a huge field. The farmer wasn't doing anything and appeared to be staring blankly at nothing in particular.

"What are you doing?" called the driver.

"I'm trying to win a Nobel Prize," said the farmer.

"How's that?" asks the man.

"Well - I heard they give the Nobel Prize to people who are out standing in their field."

No comments: