Thursday 24 April 2008

Early finish cancelled

I don't believe it ...

Now either the boss has started to read my blog or word has got out. No sooner do I mention my planned early Friday finish than the email arrives this morning informing me of a Friday afternoon meeting.

Absolutely gutted.

There I was all set to bomb down to Boscombe to try out my beautiful new surf board and maybe even go for another lesson. Oh well - best laid plans and all that ...

Still I've managed to find an amazing distraction to my disappointment this afternoon. If you haven't already check out the link on my home page for the Shiptracker. It's brilliant isn't it?! I mean I'm not exactly what you'd call a ship spotter but even I can't fail to be impressed with it.

I wonder if I could apply to be included when I go for a surf?

If you see the Goodship Cuthill floating towards the Needles dial the Coastguard.

So here's the joke ...

A feminist gets on a bus and is disgusted when a little old man stands up to give her his seat.

"Patronising old fool," she mutters as she pushes him back down. A minute later, another woman gets on and the old man rises to his feet once again.

"Male chauvanist pig," curses the feminist as she pushes him back down again.

The bus stops again, another woman gets on and again the old man tries to stand up.

"You're living in the Stone Age," she shouts.

"For goodness sake," says the old man, "I've missed three stops let me get off!!"
_ _ _ _ _
Jon Cuthill is a presenter on BBC Radio Solent. You can listen to him every weekday from 9am-12.30pm, or listen again online at his website

No comments: