Thursday 3 April 2008

Surf's up

Just reading the latest on Boscombe's surf reef.

The council have apparently now placed the order for the bags that will be used to create the reef which should be in place later this year. Quite excited about the whole thing and even phoned up a local surf shop to book in for some lessons as my surfing skills are a tad rusty and I want to be ready for the Autumn.

May even invest in a new board on the basis of the dream of early morning jaunts down to Boscombe for a quick surf before the show. That may prove wishful thinking though as would involve at least a 6am start and whilst the reef should help - the South coast is notoriously hit and miss for a decent bit of swell. Anyhow very excited.

The other thing I'm thinking about (yet to do anything about though) is to book in for some swimming lessons. I'll quite happily chug up and down the pool at the gym but I just want to be a little bit better at it. You see all the really good swimmers gliding up and down looking like it's no effort at all - and then I come along all arms, legs and splashes - Swan Lake it ain't!!!

Do feel a bit silly going for lessons as an adult. Last swimming lessons I had I was aged about 8 and would have to be bribed with a packet of cheese and onion crisps for afters.

So - two more things to add to the never ending list.

Here's the joke ...

A newlywed couple were checking into the hotel. The new groom approaches the reception desk and tells the receptionist he wants the best for them as they were on their honeymoon.

"Will you be wanting the bridal?" asks the receptionist.

"No," says the groom "I don't believe I'll need it. I'll just grab onto her ears."
_ _ _ _ _
Jon Cuthill is a presenter on BBC Radio Solent. You can listen to him every weekday from 9am-12.30pm, or listen again online at his website

No comments: