Friday 4 April 2008

The Green Eyed Monster

It had to happen.

Ok - so I'm still new to blogging but I suspect I may have been struck down by a serious modern day affliction. Blog Envy.

A couple of months ago life was so simple. I set up my blog and was quite happy burbling on about random things on the show and in my life. Then along comes Reporter Matt with his 10k in 10 weeks blog and the green mists have descended. His blog is amazing!!! Videos, pictures, countdown clocks, scrolling text messages ....

How on earth is an old 37 year old meant to keep up with that?

As a result I've decided to spend the weekend on the laptop at home giving my blog a makeover in true BBC Changing Rooms style. Not entirely sure what the internet equivalent of MDF is but as soon as I find out there'll be lots of it. And I suspect some lurid shade of internet paint, a few internet rugs, lamps, cushions and new door handles. If the blog is down on Monday you'll know something went seriously wrong.

If only technology would sit still idiots like me would be able to catch up with it. As it is I guess I'm destined always to be slightly behind cutting edge hanging onto my Betamax video recorder and ZX Spectrum.

Anyone for Manic Miner?

So here's the joke .....

A woman goes to the doctor for a check-up. When she gets home her husband asks, "So, how did the appointment go?"

"He said I have the body of a 20 year old." she replies

"Oh yeah? And what did her say about your 40 year old arse?"

"He didn't mention you."
_ _ _ _ _
Jon Cuthill is a presenter on BBC Radio Solent. You can listen to him every weekday from 9am-12.30pm, or listen again online at his website

No comments: