Friday 11 April 2008

The wall of shame

It takes a lot of effort to get the Jon Cuthill Show onto the air.

I know it doesn't sound it sometimes as I bumble my way through another 3 and a half hours but trust me it does. And that means the likes of Reporter Matt and Producer Lewis and Producer Alun spend a lot of time of the phone.

Now the thing about constantly being on the phone is the fact you have to schmooze a lot of people into coming onto the show. That means a lot of buttering up and sometimes, just sometimes, some truly bizarre things coming out of people's mouths.

In the office we have a whole wall of the best quotes from the team whilst speaking on the phone to potential guests .... here are just a couple.

"I reckon if I knew the words I'd be able to sing most songs." (Producer Lewis)

"I know I sound short and thin on the phone." (Reporter Matt - check out his blog)

"I'm really keen to do something with my life but if I don't I'll leave you a note (Producer Alun)

"The easiest way to remember how to spell 'because' is Big Elephants Can Always Understand Little Elephants ..." (Presenter Jon)

Have a great weekend.

So here's the joke ...

After stopping off for lunch on a day trip an elderly couple had driven ten miles down the road when the woman remembered that she had left her glasses at the restaurant. Her husband was irritated at having to go back for them.

"How could you forget your glasses?" he moaned. "This is going to add an hour to the journey. The whole day is wasted!"

He was still complaining when they pulled up again outside the restaurant. As his wife got out of the car, he grumbled ....

"While you're in there, you may as well get my hat too ..."
_ _ _ _ _
Jon Cuthill is a presenter on BBC Radio Solent. You can listen to him every weekday from 9am-12.30pm, or listen again online at his website

No comments: